Revit helps engineers, designers, and contractors across the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) disciplines model to a high level of detail and easily coordinate with building project contributors.
Training Price: R5 800 Excl VAT
Course Duration: 3 Days
CPD Points: SAICE: 3 Points
Course Dates - IMPORTANT: Click on an available date at your closest training centre where you want to attend.
- No date scheduled yet
Revit MEP Fundamentals
To take full advantage of Building Information Modeling, the Autodesk® Revit® MEP Fundamentals training guide has been designed to teach the concepts and principles of creating 3D parametric models of MEP system from engineering design through construction documentation. The training guide is intended to introduce students to the software’s user interface and the basic HVAC, electrical, and plumbing/piping components that make Revit MEP a powerful and flexible engineering modeling tool. The objective is to familiarize students with the tools necessary to create, document, and print the parametric model. The examples and practices are designed to take the students through the basics of a full Revit MEP project from linking in an architectural model to construction documents.
The main topics covered in the course
- Introduction to Revit MEP, its interface, including viewing, drawing, and editing commands.
- Working with linked architectural files.
- Creating and modifying views.
- Understanding Revit MEP systems in general.
- Creating spaces and zones.
- Analyzing heating and cooling loads.
- Working with the HVAC module to add air terminals, mechanical equipment, and create HVAC systems.
- Working with the Piping module to add mechanical equipment as well as creating hydronic piping systems.
- Working with fire protection systems.
- Working with fixtures and piping systems in the Plumbing module.
- Working with components, circuits, cable tray, and conduits in the Electrical module.
- Creating and annotating construction documents.
- Adding tags and creating schedules.
- Detailing in Revit MEP
List of workshops
- Workshop 1: Revit Templates & Title Blocks
- Workshop 2: Project Set up, Linking & Coordination
- Workshop 3: Worksets including Collaboration for revit (C4R)
- Workshop 4: Views
- Workshop 5: Spaces, Zones, Heating & Cooling Loads, Space Schedules
- Workshop 6: Family Creation 1 Basics
– Option A Mechanical (HVAC Hide Away Unit or Diffuser)
– Option B Electrical (Plug Point with Symbolic lines)
– Option C Plumbing (Wash hand basin with tap and drain)
– Option D Fire (sprinkler head with connector)
- Workshop 7: Discipline specific systems
– Option A Mechanical (HVAC: Duct Systems)
– Option B Electrical (Electrical, Communication, Data, Fire Alarm, Lighting, Nurse call, Security, Telephone)
– Option C Piping (Domestic Cold/Hot Water, Fire Protection, Hydronic Supply/Return, Sanitary, Vent)
- Workshop 8: Annotations, Keynotes, Tags & Revisions
- Workshop 9: Family Creation 2 (Advanced – Parametric Arrays)
- Workshop 10: Design Options & Phasing
- Workshop 11: Bill of Quantities/Bill of Materials & Schedules
- Workshop 12: Intelligent Detailing
- Workshop 13: Coordination between Consultants & Clash detection
- Workshop 14: Family Creation 3 (Expert – Trigonometry Formulas)
- Workshop 15: Lighting Possibly Insight 360 for lighting analysis
- Workshop 16: Revit SANS 10400 Fire Template & Training
- Workshop 17: Fabrication in Revit
- Workshop 18: P&ID Modeler